We are the national skills body supporting the people and businesses of Scotland to develop and apply their skills, through training and funding.
We play a key role in driving the success of Scotland's economic future, working with partners to:
- Support individuals to reach their potential
- Help make skills work for employers
- Improve the skills and learning system.
Our key services
- Helping people build their Career Management Skills through our all-age career information, advice and guidance service
- My World of Work - our web service which offers the people of Scotland a unique mix of tools, features and job information to help them discover more about their career options and the world of work
- Modern Apprenticeships - providing a way for businesses to train new entrants and existing employees to industry-recognised standards
- Our Skillsforce - support for employers to recruit, develop and plan a skilled workforce through a dedicated employer team and a skills web service
- Leading delivery of PACE (Partnership Action for Continuing Employment) support for those dealing with redundancy
Visit our website for more information on Skills Development Scotland and our services.